(for four people):
1 big chicken
1 kilo of pippin apples
1 kilo of fuji apples
fresh pink pepper
Wash the apples, cut into eighths, remove their hearts and dip with lemon juice.
1. Clean the chicken inside and out.
2. Prepare a mixture of salt and the fresh pink pepper, mixing well.
3. Spread the chicken with Extra Virgin Olive Oil First Day of Harvest Picual, massaging the chicken to cover everything.
4. Distribute the mixture of salt and pepper over the entire surface of the chicken.
5. Repeat the operation from inside the chicken and fill it completely with the pippin apples.
6. Close the chicken with sticks.
7. Put in a bowl with the potatoes, cover with foil and put in the oven at 180 °C for one hour.
8. Add the fuji apples to the chicken and put in the oven uncovered, first from the bottom and then we turn to the same temperature to finish cooking for both sides. We spread with its own juice until it is ready.
Break them in half, spread with the Picual EVOO First Day of Harvest, salt and pepper, and put in the oven.
Cut up the chicken: breasts, wings, thighs…
We will present accompanied by apples and potatoes. Enjoy it!
Thank you very much to Concha Berbard who has dedicated this recipe to us in her blog Cocina y Aficiones