Extra virgin oils made with arbequino olives (99.5%) and infused with the natural essential oils of fruits, flowers and herbs.
Castillo de Canena presents “Arbequina & Co.”, a unique collection of oils especially designed for cocktails and for enhancing cheeses, desserts and other dishes.
- 100% natural essential oils and natural aromas in four different combinations — bitter orange, thyme and orange blossom; lemon, fennel and mint; cardamom, mandarin orange and apple; and cinnamon, walnut and bergamot — added to the highest-quality extra virgen arbequino olive oil
- The oils in Arbequina & Co. are made using an artisan production system, following the strictest protocols of quality control
- The careful processing of the oils allows them to maintain the full essence of extra virgin olive oil and to avoid any alteration of their properties or flavor.
Loyal to its commitment to building value in the high-quality oil sector, Castillo de Canena presents another innovative and unique product: Arbequina & Co. An exclusive collection of its finest oils of the arbequina variety infused with essential oils of fruits, flowers and herbs, Arbequina & Co. is ideal for mixing cocktails and for enhancing the flavor or cheeses, desserts and meals.
Using 100% natural ingredients, Arbequina & Co. includes four bottles of extra virgin arbequina olive oil, each one with a special mixture of essential oils and natural aromas:
- Bitter orange, thyme and orange blossom. Ideal for mixing cocktails like Bloody Marys or Manhattans, for serving with Cheddar or Brie cheeses, for baking lemon cakes or fruit tarts, or to accompany grilled vegetables and roasted potatoes, among other dishes.
- Lemon, fennel and mint. Perfect in cocktails like Margharitas or Daiquiris, with Mozzarella or Emmetaler cheeses, for making vegetable purées or tapenades, and to accompany ceviche or raw oysters, among other things.
- Cardamom, mandarin orange and apple. Ideal for making Dry Martinis or Gin Tonics, for serving with blue cheeses or Edam, for preparing pastas, rice dishes or mayonnaise, and as an accompaniment to char-grilled chicken or roast pork, among other things.
- Cinnamon, walnut and bergamot. Perfect for making Iced Tea or Piña Colada, for serving with Manchego or fresh white cheeses, for baking cookies or chocolate cakes, and for flavoring fruit salads or orange salads, among other things.
In a surprising and harmonious way these new oils bring together the flavors of green olive, artichoke, almond and fresh grass characteristic of extra virgin arbequino olive oil with the natural aromas of fruit, flowers and herbs.
“This new collection arises from our ongoing search for new sensations which embrace extra virgin olive oil. On this occasion, we have incorporated 100% natural products such as bitter orange, orange blossom, fennel, mint, cinnamon and cardamom, among others. A splendid mixture of flavors and natural aromas which perfume our extra virgin olive oils, creating a surprising combination of flavors and a singular culinary experience,” says Rosa Vañó, the Director of Marketing and Sales at Castillo de Canena.
Castillo de Canena produces this collection of oils through fusion, using a meticulous process that protects the essence and the quality of the extra virgin olive oil, avoiding any loss of the oil’s properties or flavor.
“To produce these oils we have developed a special system of artisan production, following the strictest protocols of quality control. We have selected essential oils and aromas of fruits, flowers and herbs that are totally natural — with no chemicals or additives — to perfume our extra virgin arbequino olive oil. For this reason, the quality of the product is exceptional,” explains Francisco Vañó, the Managing Director of Castillo de Canena.
Like the oil series Primer Día de Cosecha with its iconic cherry-colored bottle, or Arbequino al Humo de Roble with its elegant turquoise blue bottle, Arbequina & Co. stands out with its amber-colored glass bottles with dropper, silk-screened in florescent orange, green, blue and pink, and presented with recommendations for use.
The dropper included in each bottle permits these new oils to be used correctly, measuring precisely the amounts required in each recipe or combination.
Each one of the oils of this collection is numbered, from 1 to 4, and includes a small book of recipe suggestions. The bottles are presented in a silver box with a floral design which includes the four 100mL amber-colored glass bottles.
Castillo de Canena
With an olive-growing history going back to 1780, when the Vañó family tended their own olive trees of the picual, arbequina and royal varieties, the family now personally oversees every step in the production and sale of their extra virgin olive oil.
The company, which takes its name from the family castle high on hill overlooking the town of Canena (Jaén), prides itself in a scrupulous respect for the environment. This commitment to sustainable development includes the use of solar energy, green cover throughout the area of cultivation to reduce erosion and conserve indigenous vegetation, and the use of residues from pruning to generate non-polluting biomass energy.
The company enjoys distribution in over 40 countries, such as the United Kingdom, Germany, Russia, the United States, Japan, China, the United Arab Emirates, Mexico and Peru, among others. Its oils have received the highest international awards in the sector.
Castillo de Canena is a member of EVA (Extra Virgin Alliance), the first international association of extra virgin olive oil producers, which aims to promote and to guarantee the excellence of extra virgin oils at every step of production and distribution through the application of strict controls and a shared seal of quality. The association also works to defend the sustainability and conservation of the olive grove ecosystem. EVA currently brings together producers on the five continents: http://www.extravirginalliance.org
The company also belongs to the association Grandes Pagos del Olivar, which brings together the best Spanish producers of extra virgin olive oil, producers who opt for limited production of extremely high quality oil, using methods which combine the best of artisanal production with the most advanced technologies.