Christmas Menu: Norwegian herring with Christmas spices and Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Reserva Familiar Arbequino.
- 8 fillets of salted Norwegian herring already washed in water
- 3 dl liquid cream
- Grated horseradish to taste
- Lemon juice half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp mixed Christmas spices
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 5 cornichons small slightly sweet pickled gherkins
- Extra virgin olive oil - Reserva Familiar Arbequino Castillo de Canena
- 1 teaspoon of allspice in grains
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon star anise
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
Whip the cream with a whisk, after having kept it in the freezer for half an hour until it whips well.
Grate the horseradish and marinate it in the lemon juice and two tablespoons of Castillo de Canena Reserva Familiar Arbequino for a few minutes before mixing it with the cream.
Lightly brown the Christmas spices in a frying pan and crush them in a mortar or grind them with a pestle and pestle until they are a powder. Mix these spices with the sugar and mustard and add to the sauce.
Dice the hard-boiled eggs and cornichons and mix them with the chives and chopped dill.
Remove the bones from the herring fillets and slice them thinly. Dip the fillets in the sauce and keep them cold before serving.