Recipe of veal with pistachio, rice, black garlic pesto and extra virgin olive oil - First Picual Harvest Day.
- 600 g high quality veal fillets from a reliable source
- 400 g wild rice e.g. Canadian or US rice
- Lime zest and pistachio
- 2 g lime zest one tablespoon
- 15 g pistachios two tablespoons
- Black garlic and arugula pesto
- 3 cloves black garlic
- 20 g arugula leaves
- 15 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Castillo de Canena First Day of Harvest Picual one spoonful
Bring 1,2L of salted water to boil and add the rice (the proportion is one handful of rice for every three parts of water). Lower the heat and cook it slowly. The average cooking time varies between 30 and 50 minutes.
When the wild rice is cooked to perfection, the grains will be soft and some will have opened to reveal a cream-colored interior. To improve flavor and texture, the rice should rest after cooking.
In a blender, grind the pistachio and lemon zest.
Then, blend the black garlic and arugula adding olive oil and salt. Blend until a creamy and uniform consistency is obtained.
Later, combine the wild rice with the pesto in a bowl.
Sear the veal fillet until cooked to taste.